- Reformed Faith: We believe in the Reformed principles and practices. We follow the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms as the system of doctrines taught in Scripture.
- Reformed principles:
- I. Bible Based
- II. God-Centered
- III. Covenantally Ordered
- Reformed principles:
- I. The Law of God
- II. Principle of Conduct
- III. Evangelism
1. We believe that the Bible is the authoritative, final, and absolute God’s Word to all men. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the basis of our beliefs and behaviors. We believe in the sufficiency, necessity, inerrancy, and clarity of the Bible.
2. We believe that there is only one true God. God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal, co-exist, and one God.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the second person in the Trinity, being very and eternal God, of one substance and equal with the Father, did when the fullness of time was come, take upon Him man’s nature, with all the essential properties, and common infirmities thereof, yet without sin; being conceived by the power of the Holy ghost, in the womb of the virgin Mary, of her substance. So that two whole, perfect, and distinct natures, the Godhead and the manhood, were inseparably joined together in on person, without conversion, composition, or confusion. Which person is very God, and very man, yet one Christ, the only Mediator between God and man. (WCF VIII-2) He offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all man by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He enables believers to live lives according to God’s will.
5. We believe that man is made in the image of God, to be like him in character. He is the supreme object of God’s creation to reflect God’s glory. Our first parents, being seduced by temptation of Satan, sinned, in eating the forbidden fruit. By this sin, they fell from their original righteousness and communion with God and became subject to dead in sin unable to regenerate themselves. They being the root of all mankind, the guilt of this sin was imputed and conveyed to all their descendants. By this sin, we are utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good and wholly inclined to all evil, separated from God. (WCF VI-1,2,3, & 5)
6. We believe that salvation is a free gift from God to man. Man can never restore himself from his sinful status by good works or self-improvement. Man can only be saved from sin’s penalty through having faith in Jesus Christ who made a perfect atonement for man’s sin.
7. We believe that the church is the community of the believers with Jesus Christ as its head, which is based on the faithful preaching of God’s Word, faithful exercise of discipline, and proper administration of the sacraments, to spread the Gospel of Christ.